Friday, July 20, 2012

Pretty Princess Bedroom and Bathroom

Emme Claire recently turned three and we moved into a new house and those two events made her Dad and I decide it was time she had a new big girl room. We took her to a furniture store that we knew had a children's furniture section so that she could choose her new bed. It only took a few seconds for her to decide. As soon as she saw the big silver princess carriage bed that was it!!! I knew not to argue with her, her mind was made up. haha! The store we went to sells Disney Princess furniture so she got the bed, a nightstand and a tall dresser. I also got her a new cabinet to hold her TV, books and DVDs. We reused the rocking recliner from her nursery becaue it is just so cute and it's very comfortable. I bought all new bedding, curtains, curtain rods, rug and many accessories at Pottery Barn Kids. There is a PBK literally 5 minutes from my house so that made it very easy to mix and match linens and decide what coordinated. It's hard to tell what colors will look good together over a computer screen. She has her own en suite bathroom that I decorated to coordinate with her princess bedroom. I found her the sweetest ruffle shower curtain at Dillards and they had matching ruffle design tissue box cover, toothbrush holder, lotion pump and soap dish. Designing and decorating EC's princess bedroom has been so much fun! I'm still changing and adding to things, I just can't stop myself! :) And EC is totally in love with her beautiful new bedroom and bathroom!!! The first six photos were taken by Brandy of Purple Pear Photography - Magnolia, TX. You can find her online and on Facebook. She came to our home to take pics of EC doing what she loves best... dressing up like a princess!
The following pics are some that I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment