Monday, December 27, 2010

Gifts for the Grandmothers!

For Christmas this year I decided to do some "special" gifts for my Mom (Nonnie) and my husbands Mom (Grammy). Back in October Emme Claire and I attended a Plate Party, this is where you choose a plate/platter/ornament and have your child's finger print, foot print or hand print pressed onto the plate in paint. I talked over some design options with the artist and came up with some very cute ones! Both Grandmother's loved their plates so much! :)

Grammy's plate was Emme's foot print turned into a red bird because Grammy loves red birds and collects them. The plate said Grammy's Little "Tweet"heart! and has the year 2010, Emme's name and age on it.



For Nonnie's plate we did Emme's hand print and turned it into a bouquet of flowers because Nonnie doesn't really collect anything but she does love flowers and has lots of flowers in her yard. Her plate says "Love Grows In Nonnie's Garden". It also has the year 2010, Emme's name and age on it.



This artist also made me a plate and a ornament to have as my own keepsakes.

Here is my Owl foot print plate.


And this is my reindeer finger print ornament.
Front

Back

The artist who made these plates and ornament lives in Winnfield, LA and she has a Etsy shop and a Facebook business page. Her name is Cyndi Beaubouef and her business is called Crayon Princess.

Back in August I also ordered some painted items from a local artist that I have used in the past. You might remember her as the person who painted the frame, canvas and name letters for Emme Claire's 1st birthday party. She also did the artwork to match Emme's new bedding for the Texas house. So for Christmas gifts I ordered a painted frame for each Grandmother and I also ordered a last name initial canvas for my sister in law and a Our First Christmas ornament for her as well. I forgot to take pics of the canvas and ornament before I wrapped them. :( But I did get pics of the frames. Oh and I also ordered myself a keepsake ornament for Emme Claire and I'll post a pic of that as well. This artist is Rachel McGehee from Ruston, LA. She has a Facebook business page called The Peek-A-Bootique and also a blogspot under the same name.

I Love My Grammy


I Love My Nonnie (I will have to replace Nonnie's 5x7 picture with a 8x10 later, I only had the one 8x10 that was horizontal)


Here is the keepsake ornament that I ordered for Emme Claire. It has a monkey painted on one side because she is definately my little monkey and the year 2010. They other side has her name.




Besides the handmade gifts above we also gave our mothers (Emme's grandmothers) a few other things. By the way, it was very hard to keep it a secret for such a long time about the frames and plates! I wanted to spill the beans but I didn't!
Nonnie got a pretty Christmas platter with 3 presents painted on it and a cute Santa shaped cookie jar. Grammy got a beautiful Cardinal (red bird) plate that is just decorative and not for actual use, it's too pretty to use and a matching salt and pepper shaker set. Brian (my husband) got each of them a tiny pink key chain flashlight that is super bright. I guess it has LED lights in it or something. Both Grandmothers had very good Christmases this year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment