Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stop and smell the flowers!

Saturday afternoon we went over to my parents house to visit and eat dinner with them. My dad had caught some Bass a few days earlier and he wanted to fry them up for us. My parents also made some homemade fries and hushpuppies to go with it. That has to be one of my most favorite meals! And Emme Claire loves it too!!! Before it got dark we walked around in the yard looking for flowers. We found a few daffodils and pansies. Emme had to stop and smell and touch them all! She also found some tiny purple flowers that were just some sort of weed that grows in the grass but she enjoyed picking them and smelling them. She had fun naming the colors she was seeing. We heard a owl hooting way off in the trees and she would stop ever so often to listen to it and she would hoot along with it. :) Here are some pics I took of her that afternoon outside at Nonnie & Poppy's house.

If you are wondering why in February Emme is wearing this very summery warm weather outfit I have an easy explanation. This is Louisiana. The weather here is crazy! On this day it was in the low 80's so it was very nice outside.


She spotted some flowers!


Here she is listening to the owl and hooting with him.


My sweet girl at 22 months old. Time is flying by way too fast!










Picking one of those little flower weeds.

You smell it!


On the hunt for more!


Found some!




What's that yellow thing I see over there??




No comments:

Post a Comment