Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Emme Claire's First Vacation!

We took EC on her first vacation last Thursday the 25th, she was 9 weeks old that day. We went to Gulf Shores, Alabama (Orange Beach actually) for 5 nights. My mom and my brother Jay went with us. EC did so good. She is a great little traveler. Which is a good thing because her daddy and I love to travel!!! She is also a great little shopping partner which is also good because I'm a shopaholic! Especially when it comes to shopping for her. It is my weakness. I'll have to take some pics of some of the cute things I got her while on vacation and post them later.
We stayed at a place called The Wharf. It was really nice. There are restaurants, shops, a huge movie theater, a spa, a ferris wheel and a small water park all right there in The Wharf complex. There was also a Dippin' Dots and those are my new favorite thing! We did some shopping and a lot of eating out. However Friday night my friend Erin Rogers and her husband Jason and children Daniel and Sarah (EC's little friend) came over to our condo to eat with us. Brian grilled burgers and sausage. We had a nice time visiting and eating with them. Sarah is about to turn 1 year old and so EC had gotten her a birthday present and we got some cupcakes and ice cream and had a mini birthday party for her. Sarah is a cutie! Let me think... what else did we do? We went on a dolphin cruise and that was fun. We went over to my cousin Dana Davis's condo to visit with them and get some pics of EC on the beach. It turned out that my cousin Dana and her family were in Orange Beach for the exact same days that we were. They were staying at a very cool new place called The Turquoise Place and we wanted to go check it out for future reference. I think Brian and I would both love to stay there the next time we go to Gulf Shores. While we were at their condo we went out on the beach in the late evening to take some pics of EC in her bathing suits. It was so nice out that night, we waited till about 7:30 pm to go out there and it felt great. But the humidity had mine and EC's hair all frizzy. Oh and we went to a place called The Crab Trap for lunch one day and it is in Florida (just over the state line) so EC got to also go to Florida for the first time. Monday night Brian babysat while mom, Jay and I went to see Transformers at the theater at The Wharf. Oh and my mom and I also had a few spa treatments while we were there. That was very relaxing. I wish I could get a facial once a week.

My little hula girl in her sun hat.


Sporting some shades! Gotta protect those baby blues.




Wearing her shades on top of her head like Mommy always does.




Emme Claire's first time at the beach.


Relaxin' on the beach!


My silly monkey!


Oh how I love this smile!!!!


My sweet baby girl.




Hanging out in her bikini.




Mommy and EC


Nonna, Mommy, Daddy and EC


Mommy and EC


Mommy, Daddy and EC


Getting her feet wet in the ocean for the first time.






I love this bib and burp cloth. I got these at Lusiana Traditions in Choudrant, LA. They are 3 Marthas brand and I love how soft they are. And of course the monogramming makes them extra cute. I also have the same set in pink and green.


She had a really good time on the dolphin cruise.


Wearing her sailing outfit that her Uncle Preston and Aunt Gloria gave her. It has tiny blue sailboats all over it and ocean themed pictures in the smocking so we decided that would be the perfect outfit to wear on the dolphin cruise. It was her first time on a boat.


No comments:

Post a Comment