Friday, July 3, 2009

Snickers Cupcakes

Emme Claire "helped" me make Snickers Cupcakes this morning. We made 40 of them. I gave a few to a friend and a few to my parents and kept a few for us and I'm taking 27 of them to a family 4th of July party tomorrow. I don't enjoy doing a lot of cooking but I do love to bake, especially desserts!

I am going to share with you the recipe for Snickers Cake. My Mamaw Bibber gave it to me. I think she said she got it out of the newspaper or maybe from someone at church, I can't remember. It's very good and easy.

Snickers Cake

1 Chocolate Cake Mix
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
10 fun size Snicker bars
1 (12oz) Cool Whip

Bake cake according to directions on box in 2 or 3 round pans, as this is a layer cake.
To make frosting set out the cream cheese to soften. Beat at medium speed cream cheese, granulated sugar and powdered sugar together until smooth and creamy.
Chop 8 of the fun size candy bars up into small chunks and fold into the icing mixture. The other two bars are to be saved to decorate the top. I put the candy bars in the refrigerator for a few hours to get them hard and that makes it easier to chop them up. Now fold in the container of Cool Whip.
Spread icing between the layers and on the top and sides of cake. Take the remaining candy bars, chop them up and sprinkle on the top of cake.

I made Snickers cupcakes with this recipe this time and they turned out good. You just ice the tops. I used two box cake mixes so that I would have more cupcakes and it only took one batch of icing to ice them all. And I iced them generously. Oh and I always put this cake in the refrigerator since the icing has cream cheese and cool whip in it.

Here are some pics.

Using a stand mixer is the best way to mix anything. It's so much easier.


I used Betty Crocker's chocolate fudge cake mix but any chocolate cake mix will do.


Yummy cake batter!


My little helper helped me by sleeping almost the whole time I was making these. :)






Still helping me! :)


Frosting!! Yummy!


After putting the Snickers on top.


Decorated for the 4th of July with little flags and pinwheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment