Monday, July 6, 2009

A great little local store

There is a little boutique in Choudrant, LA that I love to stop in as often as I can. It's called Lusiana Traditions and Mrs. Parnell has a little bit of everything in there. I enjoy going to the mall just as much as the next person but there is nothing like shopping boutiques. I much prefer to shop small local stores. There are no crowds and the items are more unique than what you might find in a big store. The service you receive in a small shop is 100 times better! Mrs. Parnell, who owns Lusiana Traditions, is such a sweet lady and will do her best to help you find what you are looking for. You can stop by there to buy yourself something or birthday gifts or Christmas presents. I bought my future sister-in-law Melinda a pretty sterling silver fleur de lis necklace and earrings there this past Christmas. I have bought stuff for my mom for Mother's Day and her birthday. I have bought gifts for friends there. And of course I've gotten my little EC a lot of cute stuff from there.
Her store has everything from candles, jewelry, frames, stationary, serving pieces, pretty casserole dishes, home decor, children's clothes, bibs and burp clothes, stuffed animals, toys and so much more! She has a lot of items that can be monogrammed and she has someone who does that for her. She even has monogrammable bars of soap and jewelry. You really should stop by there one day and check out all the goodies she has. I love this store and I know you will too. Oh and I almost forgot, when you buy a gift for someone you don't even have to go to the trouble of buying gift bags or wrapping paper because she puts the gifts in a cute little bag with cute tissue paper and fixes it up real nice.

Location - downtown Choudrant on Hwy 80 at the caution light. 318-768-2460
She also has a blogspot where you can see pics of some of her products. www.lusianatraditions.blogspot.com

Here are some great things I've bought for Emme Claire in her store.

I bought all these outfits in 12 month size to save them for next spring/summer. So be on the lookout for pis of EC in these cute clothes next year.


I love dresses with smocking.


And who doesn't love ice cream sundaes?!




And sweet little frogs with pink bows in their "hair". :)


These next two bibs are kind of dressy. Would be perfect for church or special occasions.




The following bibs and burp cloths are made by 3 Marthas. I love this brand, they make the cutest stuff and it's so soft. And it's only cuter when you add a fun monogram to it.




EC wears this bib all the time. I have bought her a lot of red outfits and so I always grab this bib to go with them. Actually I just told Brian the other day that we need to get her another red bib and burp cloth for back up. I'm constantly washing this set. I need to check with Mrs. Parnell to see if she has any more of this bib or maybe a different bib that has red in it.


Can't have a post without adding some pics of my baby girl. :)
Doesn't she look so cute in these bloomers? I love the little red bows on her bottom!




No comments:

Post a Comment