Saturday, May 2, 2009

More pictures of the princess!

I really need to get a book about lullabies for children or a CD I guess. Ever since we have been home I try to sing to her sometimes when I'm holding or rocking her and I start a song and then I realize that I can't remember all the words. I need a refresher course on nursery rhymes too. I guess that's something you don't think of until after the baby is here. She seems to like me singing to her. And I'm ready to start reading to her. I need to get Brian to locate my children's books boxes that are somewhere in the storage building. I've been collecting children's books for a long time just for this moment and I can't wait to share some of my favorite books with her.

Last night was a pretty good night. She slept in between feedings and she didn't wake up for very many feedings. Really she ate right before bedtime and then once during the night and then she ate when we woke up around 8 am. So that was great for me because I really needed to get some rest last night. I've been in a lot of pain for the last few days. I think what happened was I came home from the hospital feeling pretty good and so I did too much around the house and now I'm paying for it. I'm feeling all the bruising in and around my stomach and incision. I can barely walk around and yes I'm on pain medicine too. It helps but does not take the pain away. I can't stand not being able to get up and go wash a load of clothes by myself or straighten things up by myself. Brian is doing most of the housework and my mom has been helping too. I'll be so glad when I'm feeling better and can do things around here again. At least I still get to hold my baby though!

She isn't crying so much during diaper changes anymore. We discovered that a pacifier helps that problem. :) She loves her paci but doesn't take it too often. She did pretty good about not crying during her last sponge bath too. So really she doesn't cry very often at all. She might wimper a little here and there but just for a few seconds. She really is a good baby. We are so blessed!

These pictures were take Friday May 1st, 2009.

I took a few semi-naked pictures of her after a diaper change yesterday morning. Her little wrinkles around her knees are so cute!








I wanted to get a picture of her in her crib all stretched out. She doesn't sleep in her crib yet. We have her sleeping in a bassinette beside the bed to make it a little easier on me right now while I'm not getting around that good.


We put Emme Claire in her Sweetpeace swing last night and Brian got some cute pictures of her.




No comments:

Post a Comment