Wednesday, August 26, 2009

4 Month Check Up

We took Emme Claire to the pediatrician today for her 4 month wellness check up. I was really excited to go because it has been so long since she has been weighed or measured and I was dying to know how big she is. Don't get me wrong... I'm glad that she hasn't been sick and that we haven't needed to take her to the doctor for any reason but I wish I had a baby scale at home to keep track of how fast she grows. Drum roll please.... EC weighs 13 lbs 5 oz and she is 25 1/4" long! She is in the 50th percentile on her weight (which means she is at exactly the right weight, not too big, not too small) and she is between the 75th and 90th percentile on her height (which means she is taller than average! yay!). The doctor said everything looked good. She told us that we can now give her all the juices except orange juice and that I don't have to dilute it with nursery water anymore. So when we got home I gave her a bottle of apple mixed with pear juice and no water and she drank it all up! I think she really liked it. She also told us that we can give her the flavored Pedialyte. Before we could only give her the plain clear kind but now she can have cherry, grape etc. We can also start feeding her rice cereal mixed with either formula, juice or Pedialyte. And then after that we can start introducing baby food. First green veggies, then orange veggies, then the rest of the veggies and then the fruits.

An update on her sleeping at night... We put a CD player in her room and I had bought her a classical music CD made for babies a while back, so we started playing that every night and put it on repeat so that it will just play over and over. It works!! She sleeps so good now! We are still working on getting her to go to bed earlier. The doctor said not to let her take an evening nap. That is going to be hard! She is going to be cranky!

I took some new pics of EC today. I know it's been a while since I've posted on here. The first pics are of her in a cute onesie that I bought from Ladies In Waiting back when I was pregnant. It has an E on it. I got the matching socks that have an E on them (which you can't see the E in the pics), the matching hair bow that has an E on it and the matching pacifier clip that also has an E on it. A friend of mine has the same onesie for her daughter and she showed it to me the other day which made me remember mine. I almost waited too long for her to get to wear it. It fits good around the waist but it won't be long and it will be too short in the stride for her. It's a 0 to 6 month size. Maybe she can wear it a few more times before she grows out of it.
















The next set of pics are of Emme Claire modeling a tutu I made for her a few days ago. My mom helped me with it. I think it turned out so cute. I call this one my Woodland Fairy Tutu because of the colors. It is shimmery brown/gold, green and ivory.
This one is 13" long and I made the waist 16" so she could wear it for a while. Her waist is a little over 14" right now. So it's a little big on her but it fits fine for pics and if she had on a onesie it would fit even better.
I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought a lot more tulle. I'm thinking about making tutu's and selling them. And also making matching headbands and monogrammed onesies that will be optional. If you would be interested in buying one you can email me about it at shoegalamy@yahoo.com
They would make great Halloween costumes, Christmas gifts, photography props (I love taking a tutu for EC to wear when she gets her pics taken), baby shower gifts, birthday presents, birthday girl outfits and of course for playing dress up! I'm gonna start making more tonight and I'll post pics of them very soon. I've got a lot of great ideas.





She loves tutus!!! She started smiling when I put it on her. I think she likes all that fluffy fabric.


Doesn't she look like a little woodland fairy? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment