Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Doctor Visit

So we had to take EC to the pediatrician today to see about her spitting up. The medicine the doctor had prescribed was not helping any and so they wanted us to bring her back in. They checked her weight to make sure she was gaining and not losing any. Her weight was fine. She weighs 11 lbs 3 oz (she will be 10 weeks tomorrow). We were told to start putting rice cereal in her formula because that should help it stay down. The doctor set us up an appointment for tomorrow morning to go have an Upper G.I. done so they can make sure it's reflux and she set us up for a ultrasound of her abdomin. She drew us a picture of EC's stomach and said that the ultrasound will show if there is a different problem besides the reflux. I can't pronounce or spell what she called this problem. But if EC has this other problem it requires surgery and we really don't want that. I don't even want to think about my tiny little baby having surgery. :( So we are hoping to have a good report tomorrow. We will be at St. Francis at 8 am with my little sweet pea. I can't feed her past 6 am. I hope this process doesn't take too many hours. Poor baby.
I'll post on here tomorrow when I can and update everyone on her results.

No comments:

Post a Comment